Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: John Davies (b. ca. 1789) and wife Mary Humphreys

John Davies (b. ca. 1789) and wife Mary Humphreys 2 years 6 months ago #21

I’m trying to get information about my 3x great grandparents John Davies and Mary Humphreys, who were born in the vicinity of Llanfylin around 1789 and 1791, respectively. Most likely their fathers were farmers. John and Mary Davies and their children emigrated to the US (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) in 1819. I’m trying to determine who John’s and Mary’s parents were, and whether any members of the family are still living in Wales. I’m going to be visiting Wales (from the US) in late August, and would love to meet my Welsh relatives. I'll be staying in Welshpool from August 29 through September 5.

Here’s what I know about my Welsh ancestors: John’s father,Thomas, most likely was a farmer but possibly was a shoemaker. John and Mary were married in Llanfechain in May 1804 and had children Mary (b. 1805), Jane (b. 1807), Mary (b. 1809), Elizabeth (b. 1812), Margaret (b. 1815), John (b. 1817), and Ann (b. 1819). The first 5 children were baptized in Llanfechain, but I have found no parish baptismal records for the last two children; perhaps the family became non-conformist. Another son, Thomas, was born in the US after the family emigrated.

I’d appreciate any leads anyone can provide. Thank you, Michael Davis
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds